plainly and simply parasitical on the obvious or univocal reading

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hey, there's a navel down there...

So yesterday I was accepted into grad school. I'll be going for comics and gender studies, astonishingly enough. That is, studying comics through a gender studies lense, as well as studying gender as it relates to comics. I'll be looking inside the text and out.

Currently I'm working on an article about homosociality and how it relates to the fandom and industry of comics. I haven't started school yet, I'm just that much of a dork.

Also, I swear I do, in fact, know how to have fun.

7 comments:

DivaLea said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

You are awesome. I am completely impressed. Now get out there and start the dialogue!!!!!! -Elizabeth-Hadley

100LittleDolls said...

Congrats to you as well!

Sounds to me like it'll be a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Dan, i don't seem to have your email. drop me a note - sparrowsfall@mac.com - i gotta question for you.

parrish

Jon Silpayamanant said...

Congrats Dan. Hope it goes well for you--and I hope to see more regular blogging from you as you get those creative/intellectual joices running!

Haute Corbeille said...

Thanks, Jon. I notice you've been blogging a bit more actively as well, lately.

Jon Silpayamanant said...

Yeah, Dan, I wish I had more time to say more than a snarky comment about things, but hey--you know what it's like having life get in the way of things, eh?